Week 6

Work

There isn't much to say about work. I mostly do the same kind of tasks, just more elaborate, and with me being more involved. I've reached the point where I feel like I'm a part of the office, and there are things I'm capable of doing and am asked to do. It's nice, and as with all work that involved people, there's always something interesting happening, but I can't out the interesting stories on a blog! It's just nice feeling comfortable and finally being able to work independently. The only reason I would have to transfer someone now, is because they're legitimately meant to speak to someone else. Anything else, I can handle on my own. Every once in a while, someone insists on speaking in Maltese; but once I ask them to at least tell me the topic so I can transfer them, they end up solving every question with me.

Free-time

There's even less to say about free-time this week. I think I neglected to mention early on, that my classmate and I are making use of the MCAST gym. It's on campus, and we're allowed to use it as staff, so we go after work. With gym three times a week, usually for 1-2 hours, there really isn't much time for the rest of the day, and the weekends I'm happy to relax. The weather is still uncharacteristically cold (though pleasant by German standards), and I'm happy to just do household tasks on the weekend. It's not exciting to write about, but for me I think it's an important part of the internship experience. I don't want to feel the constant pressure to be doing tourist activities, and I am glad I don't.

I do have some things planned, mostly hiking and sightseeing, for specific occasions. One will be my planned 2 week vacation after the internship, where I intend to stay on Malta on my private time. The other is for my aunt and my boyfriend visiting me -- both separate events, though now both planned for the second half of May. 

That said. Friday was a holiday, so this was a short work week; and since stores are open on Sundays as well here, Sunday being a holiday as well actually makes a noticeable difference! I've gotten used to getting groceries on Sundays, and since I didn't go during the week, Saturday was a crowded experience. I've also discovered that it's common to celebrate Easter with a type of daytime firework that does little as far as visuals go, but is designed to be incredible loud and basically sound like gunshots and/or explosions.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Week 14

Week 11